About the training
Goals of the course
Since the switch from Universal Analytics to GA4, many companies have switched to Matomo for privacy reasons and overall user-friendliness. However, there are differences with analytics, so following a training is definitely a good idea!
The goal of this training is that afterwards you fully understand how to get the most out of Matomo, specifically tailored to your organization.
Is this course right for me?
Whether you are analyzing content, campaigns or the general behavior of your visitors, Matomo is a tool that can quickly help you to gain insights. This training is therefore typically followed by campaign managers, content managers, communication teams, and overal digital marketing managers. Basic knowledge in digital helps, but is certainly not necessary.
Why choose CLICKTRUST Academy?
CLICKTRUST Academy has existed for 10 years already, and our trainings are given by trainers with both technical experience as well as experience in teaching. Our trainings take place in small groups (+/- 6 participants), which ensures extremely interactive sessions.
The trainings always contain a combination of theory and practice, given by experts who work with Matomo every day. After the training, private coaching sessions are scheduled so that you can let everything sink in.
CLICKTRUST started by giving trainings, and we enjoy sharing our knowledge as much as possible!
What will I learn during this Matomo Analytics training?
1) Introduction to web analytics
- Today’s digital landscape
- Understanding the importance of web analytics for your business
- Understanding the basics of web analytics
- CLICKTRUST’s magic recipe for good tracking
- Lexicon: Learn to speak like a web analytics expert
2) Getting started with Matomo Analytics
- Overview of features in Matomo
- What are the differences between Matomo and Google Analytics?
- How can Matomo help you improve your business?
- Setting up a new Matomo account
- Installing Matomo on your website with the Matomo Tag Manager
3) Exploring the Matomo interface & reports
- Visitor reports
- Behaviour reports
- Acquisition reports
- Ecommerce reports
4) Make Matomo fit your needs
- Creating goals & funnels
- Creating custom reports
- Setting up A/B tests
- Analyzing heatmaps & session recordings
5) Preparing for the future
- The state of web analytics today
- The limitations of web analytics
- A word on GDPR and consent
6) Hands-on exercises
The Matomo training is taught in small groups (+/- 6 people) and is FULL of concrete examples and case studies. The sessions are taking place from 9:30 to 17:00.
How much does this training cost?
1050 euro per person (VAT excl.) This price includes:
- The training
- Time to ask questions
- Training certificate
- Access to the slides used during the training
- Breakfast, lunch & drinks
- 2 hours of coaching after the training
- Life-time access to our Matomo toolkit
What language is the course in?
Our trainings are in English, unless otherwise specified. However, our instructor is trilingual, so feel free to ask your questions in the language you feel most comfortable with.
Where is this training?
You can attend our trainings at our offices near Merode in Brussels or from home. Our tailor-made trainings can also be given on site.
Upcoming training dates